30 October 2011

Santiago, Chile to Buenos Aires, Argentina: From the Pacific to the Atlantic

Today, I left my home in Santiago and flew across the Andes to Argentina.  The view on the first flight was incredible the whole way!

On the way to Buenos Aires, I had a layover in Mendoza, which was supposed to last five hours.  However, since I was alone, they bumped me to a flight that left immediately after I cleared customs, which meant I didn't have to wait in the airport!  Yay!  As a result of my immediate departure, though, here is my hello-goodbye picture of Mendoza.

The flight from Mendoza to Buenos Aires was also pretty, though in a completely different way--lots of clouds, farmland, and a few hills.  I did sit next to this lovely Argentinian women, however, and we chatted it up the whole time, so that was nice (and good practice for me).

When I got to Buenos Aires, I found my hostel, then headed out to check out the plethora of street markets that exist on Sundays.  There were people everywhere enjoying the spring weather, and lots of cool little craft and artsy markets in all of the plazas I found.  I am excited to continuing exploring this city tomorrow!

2 comments:

grandma feldt said...

It was wonderful talking and seeing you on Skype.Pretty pictures from the plane too. Love ya

A. Suzie said...

Katie,
It looks like you are having a wonderful time. Beautiful pics. We are so happy for you and very proud of you. Stay safe and enjoy. Love, A. Sue and U. Ken