11 October 2011

Santiago, Chile: Stadium, Laundry, Birthday

I almost didn't include this picture because, honestly, it's not a good picture.  However, the story behind it is funny: Kim, Max, and I went to find the soccer stadium to see if we could get tickets to tonight's match-up between Chile and Peru.  We walked up to the gate of this giant stadium--which we thought was suspiciously devoid of people--and asked the guard if we could buy tickets, and he just looked at us like we were crazy, then said (in really slow Spanish), "El partido es en Estadio Monumental.  Este estadio es Estadio NACIONAL."  Yes, we went to the wrong stadium.  Good work, foreigners.

The rest of the afternoon was much better, though.  I washed and dried my clothes, and even though the cost was ridiculous, I am so happy to have clean clothes, I just had to include this picture.  They are clean!  Also, I talked to the lady who ran the place for 45 minutes, which was great practice for my improving Spanish.

The best part of the day was undoubtedly the family dinner, because today was Adrian's birthday!  This picture is Adrian (my 'dad') holding Matias, and Adrian's sister Roxana with her daughter Lynn.  It was a great couple hours of food, cake, talk, and televised football (soccer to all you USA folks).  Happy birthday, Adrian!

2 comments:

grandma feldt said...

Did you get tickets for game? Happy to hear your clothes are clean. Love ya

linda feldt said...

Funny story Katie. I'm wearing the Lake Michigan Unsalted shirt as I read your blog lol. Happy birthday to Adrian from us. Thanks for blogging. Miss you Love & prayers mom