06 October 2011

Santiago, Chile: Matias y Más Estudiando

Finally, here is a picture of Matias!  He is two and a half, talks a mile a minute, and is absolutely adorable!  Yesterday, after a full day (9-5:30pm) of classes and studying, I came home, and then we went to the nearby park to play.  It was quite fun, and a nice change from our three-day-long game of 'space'!  After the park, my family and I had dinner, and then I went to something called 'miércoles pub', which translates as 'Wednesday Pub', and, as it turns out, is a giant all-night party where the foreigners and Chileans meet and mingle and dance.  It was a blast, but it did make getting up for class this morning a bit difficult.

After class, as per usual, Kim and I got some lunch, then studied for a few hours.  We went back to the school today because it was cold outside, and they have a nice room downstairs with tables and couches that students can use to study.  It was good to practice, and I've learned a lot already, but I'm glad I still have another seven weeks...there's so much more I need to know!

2 comments:

GRANDMA FELDT said...

So happy to hear from you and Matias is adorable! Sounds like you are staying busy which is a good thing. LOVE YA

linda feldt said...

Matias, what a cutie!!! So good to hear your voice. Don't get too tired. Talk to you after camping.Be safe, love & prayers mom