21 November 2011

Cusco, Peru: Let the Classes Begin

The shot above is the alley on which I live.  All of the neighbors have been really nice, saying hello and everything.  The reason I include this shot is because I forgot to take pictures for the rest of the day!  Tomorrow and the next day, I will include some of my school and the place that I am volunteering.  School is great--it's only me and one other kid in my class, so we both get to talk a lot, and both of my profesors are really interesting and helpful, and I already feel like I'm coming a long way, which is great.  The organization that I am volunteering for is really small--there are only 10 kids there right now--but they are doing great work and need a lot of help, so I'm glad I'm there.  I will post more (and pictures!) in the next few days, but I think it's going to be good.  The only drawback is that it takes an hour and a half to get there by bus from Cusco, which is going to eat up a good chunk of the day, but fortunately, I will be able to study on the bus if I can get a seat.  For now, suffice it to say that it was a good day, though I am tired, and I am excited to go back to both places tomorrow!

2 comments:

grandma feldt said...

Love ya!

linda feldt said...

So good to talk to you Katie and see you so fired up about teaching again. Be careful on the long bus rides. I will continue to pray for your safety. Love & prayers mom