23 November 2011

Cusco, Peru: Azul Wasi, The Blue House

This is where I am volunteering!  It's way out in the country, about an hour from Cusco by bus and then a half-hour walk from there.  The gate is really nice, but I'm not entirely sure what function it has, as you can literally walk right around it.  I suppose it does prevent unwanted vehicles from going in, which is good.  I've settled on going out there three days a week, then spending the rest of my time studying (classes here are much harder than they were in Santiago!) and exploring a bit of Peru.

This is Danny, age eight  Yesterday, he and I were working on comparing fractions.  His sister, Carmen Rosa, age 6, is also at Azul Wasi.  Both of them are full of energy, and tons of fun to be around.  I can't wait to go back tomorrow to keep helping and to start teaching English classes!

3 comments:

grandma feldt said...

Little Danny looks so happy, enjoy!

linda feldt said...

You are so special Katie and what you do is great. Please be safe Love & prayers mom

wilmher taipe said...

He is my Brother