05 September 2011

Porto and Lisbon, Portugal: A Land of Possibilities

This morning, I went to the beach in Portugal.  Unfortunately, the beach was very far away, and after Croatia...what could really top that?  Still, it was pretty, and the waves were huge (so big that the lifeguard wouldn't let me swim!).

After quitting the beach in Porto, I hopped on the train and headed to Lisbon.  The picture above is directly outside of my hostel in Lisbon...not bad!

After arriving at the hostel, I got directions from the hostel staff, and set out to see a brief sampling of Lisbon's sights.  The view above is one of the things I found.

The statue and the arch near my hostel by night.  I can't wait to start exploring Lisbon in depth tomorrow!

2 comments:

linda feldt said...

The statue and arch look great. Hope you are getting some rest. Have fun in Lisbon. Be safe Love & prayers mom

grandma feldt said...

Glad you didnt go swimming! LOVE YA