16 August 2011

Vienna, Austria: Safe Travels, Kathryn!

On Kathryn's last day in Vienna, we woke up early and went out to the Danube to go swimming.  It ended up being colder than we thought, so there wasn't much swimming (though I did jump in), but getting out of the city and away from the people for awhile was really nice.

For lunch, we got the ever-traditional meal of Wienerschnitzel, beer, and beef broth with pancakes...it was delicious!

With all of our walking and walking and walking, it's a miracle it didn't happen sooner, but today, we both got broken.  Kathryn skinned her knees, and I broke my sunglasses.  However, aside from this picture, it didn't dampen our mood!

Our last Vienna site was Karlskirche, a beautiful German church with four towers and a dome with great frescoes.  In addition to the church itself, which you can see above, we also took the elevator up and then climbed many stairs into the cupola of the dome to get a panoramic view of Vienna.  With that, I will say goodbye to my very dear friend Kathryn...thank you so much for coming with me, I can't imagine doing this trip without you!

1 comment:

linda feldt said...

So sorry about the broken sunglassses and skinned knees. Glad you didn't let it dampen your mood. The food looks tasty. Hope to skype soon but the next few days are hectic. Love & prayers mom