07 July 2011

Vienna, Austria: City of...

Welcome to Vienna, a city of...?  Verdict is still out.  Since Janine didn't get here until this afternoon, I used the day to do some housekeeping (laundry, etc.) and catch up on emails.  After that, a girl I met in the hostel and I hoofed it down to the city center to check out some of the architecture and parks.  The shot above is the street that connects the museums with the theater district.

And what would my first day in Austria be without some local fare?  I sampled the beef soup with pancakes (delicious and surprisingly filling), and, of course, some beer :-)

One thing Vienna definitely has is music!  Mozart, Strauss, and Beethoven--among others--all worked here.  The Mozart monument even has a floral treble clef planted in front of it (see above).  I can't wait to experience this aspect of the city in more depth...we're going to the opera tomorrow!

2 comments:

linda feldt said...

Hey Kate, Was that dinner or are you eating a lunch for once now that I'm not there? lol Love the floral musical note. Say hi to Janine from me!!!

grandma feldt said...

neat treble clef picture, keep them coming. miss ya and love ya! Have fun