06 December 2011

Cusco, Peru: A Cultural Evening

Yesterday evening, I went the Cusco Center of Native Art to see some traditional dances, listen to some traditional music, and complete my tourist ticket.  This was the opening dance, which originates in Cusco.

This dance, from a different region in the Cusco province, showed off the incredible skill of both the dancers and the musicians.

This dance was dedicated to the rain, and was accompanied by some nice special effects on the part of the theater.

One of the last dances, originating in Incan times, was a dance for the time of sowing the fields.  These costumes were my favorite (though all of them were great) because they were accompanied by real old-school hoes.  It was a lovely evening, and I'm glad I got to experience a bit more of the Peruvian culture before I leave.

2 comments:

linda feldt said...

i'm jealous. Sounds like a wonderful evening. You have seen and done so much in the past six months your head must ache. 12 days can't wait. Be safe Love & prayers mom

grandma feldt said...

love ya