08 December 2011

Cusco, Peru: Jumping from the Highest Point in the Americas

Today, my friends and I went bungee jumping from the highest point in the Americas (the second-highest jump is in Canada, and is 118m).  At 122m (400ft), the initial jump is a free-fall of approximately 100m (328ft).  Here is a shot of the four of us before jumping--needless to say, we were a bit nervous.

Here I am in the cage on the way up...

...and then I jumped!

The initial free-fall was by far the coolest part, but the recoils and hanging in mid-air hundreds of feet above the ground definitely didn't suck either.

The four of us after our jumps, with our we-did-it t-shirts!  I would highly recommend bungee jumping to anyone looking for an an adrenaline rush...I've never experienced anything like it!

2 comments:

grandma feldt said...

Wow, it was even scary to see the pictures. Less than 2 wks! Love ya

linda feldt said...

thanks for not telling me before you went. scary stuff. glad you are safe. Love & prayers mom